Sunday, August 26, 2012

Working Girls


I had heard stories about Annette-working girl and crack addict. I saw her from a distance-long blonde stringy hair and a super-thin woman. We could not be mistaken-I was sure. I was in the office on a Saturday with her and Susie. She started to whisper to Susie and ask for money for toiletries and Susie said, “It’s all right-you can talk in front of Annette.”
Miss Annette looked up and asked, “I can talk in front of myself?”
Susie, exasperated stresses, “No. That Annette.” As she points to me.
Annette turns around and was confused. She asked me if my name was Annette. She looked very surprised.
I was trying desperately NOT to laugh.
So the joke around the office was that she the Annette that could talk in front of herself and I was the Annette that could talk behind her back.

So whenever Annette (the one who can talk in front of herself) sees me, she says, “Hey Annette.”
I reply, “Hey Annette.”
She says, “I feel like I’m talking to myself.”
I explain to her that she IS talking in front of herself and I am talking behind my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment